March 3 - 9, 2013
National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW) is a coordinated campaign that encourages consumers nationwide to take full advantage of their consumer rights and make better-informed decisions.
The following resources will help you become a better-informed consumer:
- A - Z Resource Guide - Index of Valuable State and Federal Resources, Organized by Subject
- Gift Givers' Guide - A Guide to Charitable Giving
- Business Lookup - View Registration and Complaint Information
- Black Book of Scams - Every year Floridians lose money to scammers. Scammers target people of all backgrounds, ages and income levels. The following are a few of the more common scams along with ways that you can protect yourself.
- Consumer E-Newsletter - Stay ahead with the latest information about Scams and Topics of Value to Residents and Visitors of Florida
Federal Trade Commission
The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them.
Florida Office of the Attorney General
Information on how to protect yourself from consumer fraud.
Florida Department of Financial Services
The Division of Consumer Services helps consumers make informed insurance and financial decisions.