Traveling companies (carnival ride companies) who are returning to Florida are reminded to:
- Submit a request for inspection 14 days in advance of the requested inspection date. Submit cancellation one working day in advance.
- Please request only one date (not multiple dates) for inspection and ensure that date is the day of opening. If you request the day before opening for us to inspect and not all rides are on the lot, you may incur additional costs.
- Have the original affidavit of compliance and non-destructive testing on site (original means entries and signatures in blue ink to avoid confusion with a black and white copy). The Bureau no longer accepts copies.
- Have a copy of your current insurance listing the theme name and serial numbers of the rides you want permitted. Serial numbers on the ride must match those on the insurance certificate and affidavit of compliance/NDT.
- Make sure all employees are properly trained and records complete and available upon request. Download the appropriate forms from the web site as required.
- Make sure the Owner’s Daily Inspection report for the last 14 days is available upon request. Download the form, as required.
Gravitron / Starship Update
The inspection criteria for this ride is the same as last year and has not changed. If you plan to bring a Gravitron/Starship to Florida, the ride must be unassembled and in the rack position to begin the inspection. For additional information, call the Bureau of Fair Rides at (850) 410-3838.
Again the inspection criteria for this ride is the same as last year. Seat inserts will be pulled one time to check seat frame bolts. For additional information, call the Bureau of Fair Rides at (850) 410-3838.